OVERFLOW vs Overflooded Part 1

Early wake up call...


Imagine waking up at 5:30am and not having water to brush your teeth.  So you head on down to the basement and see water everywhere at ankle height!  What do you say?  I said "OMG! Why me Lord?"

This event happened on March 3rd.  I no longer had a clean basement because it was all underwater!  There were 7 other units affected by the water line break.  Unfortunately my unit faces the courtyard where the main water line is located.  It was humongous!  There was a high pressure river outside of my courtyard flowing downstream to the other units.

Robert, my big brother and dog sitter, said my place was not bad in comparison.  Well those who know me know I am OCD about cleanliness.  The plumbers were coming in with their muddy boots for 72 hrs checking the basement moisture and the equipment to dry up the basement.  On Friday morning I was moisture cleared.  My entrance no longer had a muddy trail leading to the basement after spending 3 hrs vacuuming the carpeted stairs and basement.  It was a relief to know the water was clean although muddy.  It would have been another type of disaster altogether if it was a broken sewage line.  There is a funk in the air and a scented candle in the living room is giving me and Macho (my golden retriever) aroma therapy.

Comments

Lovely Street Sister, Ukraine's Uncrippling Love, Love Letter Hits the Airways