Joy & Strength

As a medical missionary I see things that are easily corrected in the states and people live. I have been blessed and honored to work with Nancy Henson, an American nurse who have lived in San Benito for over 10 yrs. We collaborated with local volunteers and a team from North Carolina of four Stan, Kathy, Susan & Rachel and served Quechi and Spanish villagers.
In the last few weeks we have worked with Dr. Bethany Caldwell & Dr. Abena Koram from Columbus, Ohio.  They amazingly shared their knowledge with the local doctors at the San Benito National Hospital. We also treated children in an orphanage for skin and parasitic infections. These children were so sad every one of them were victims of abuse. We blessed them not only with medications, educated on infection control through a song "me lavo las manitas con agua y jabon" (I wash my hands with water and soap) and brought them toys. I am amazed there is a new group of physicians who are mission minded! They want to work in rural settings.

Every day as a missionary I see heartbreaking things. Does that mean I get depressed, my heart becomes calloused, isolate myself, stop praying & giving of myself? NO! I continue the task set before me with divine strength and joy like Jesus. I learned God’s dwelling place is wherever I am at. God's dwelling place is the village where my Quechi friends live, the San Benito National Hospital that I volunteer my skills and learn jungle medicine, the 10x10 apt that I live, the church I fellowship, the Tuc-Tuc that takes me to my destinations and the ground I walk on to do home visits. So there is no reason for me to be depressed because God is everywhere HE is a JOYFUL Spirit. David said “Splendor and Majesty are before Him strength and joy in His dwelling place.” Joy is infectious no matter where I am at.  I have chosen an attitude of gratitude to represent my Jesus & hope you can too!  God Bless.

Comments

Lovely Street Sister, Ukraine's Uncrippling Love, Love Letter Hits the Airways